Does the idea of that “the past is doomed to repeat itself” scare you? Many of us have unconscious thoughts about the past that aren’t too far from that idea.
We think that past experiences shape us in a permanent way, forever – or that they define “the core” of who we are as a person. Which is all great when we consciously choose that because we like it, but not so great when we see no choice but to be doomed or by our past.
But what if our relationship with the past were simply the thoughts we are choosing to have and entertain in the present? What changes then?
In episode 21 You And Your Past I give you examples on how to manage your mind when it comes to past experiences – good and bad-, so you can feel less trapped by your past and more free in the present.
Click play to listen now in your browser. The Career Confidence For Immigrants podcast is also available on Spotify and Apple Podcasts.
I also cover:
- What’s the one message I like to bring in the podcast week after week
- How to get over something bad that happened in the past
- Why we get attached to the idea of wanting to change the past
- When to consult a licensed therapy about the past vs. when to use life coaching or self-coaching tools
- What creates your feelings about your past
- The only way I know of “re-writing” your past (considering that time travel machines are not an option)
Mentioned in the show:
- Episode How To Think About Thinking
- My Instagram Account
- Leave the podcast an Apple Review here