This week I’m feeling preachy, ranty and vocal. We all need some truth bombs and some reality once in a while, right?
And listen: I don’t wanna be a party pooper here, but the truth is this:
Your brain and its limiting beliefs are blocking your GOALS and dreams.
It’s not your spouse, or your mom, or your dad, or your children… It’s your own brain.
When it comes to weight loss (but honestly, any other big goal people have) so many of us get caught up in the “BUT WHAT WILL PEOPLE THINK!?” cycle.
We spin inside our heads with thoughts like:
- I don’t want to make them uncomfortable.
- I don’t want to disappoint them.
- I don’t want them to think I’m boring.
- I don’t want them to think I’m selfish.
But here’s the thing: not being able to manage your mind around these possibilities and trying to control everyone’s reactions to what you do in your life, with your life, career, mind or body… leads to burnout, frustration and disconnection from others.
The most important opinion there can be ON THE FACE OF THE PLANET is the opinion you have about yourself.
In this video, I show you:
- Where real confidence comes from.
- Why looking for external validation rarely works.
- How having the belief that you have to “take care” of other grown ass adults is the opposite of connection.
- The one and only thing that we can control.
Come check out Hack Your Mind
My 12-week mindful eating program has been REVAMPED and it’s better than ever. Learn the basics of using food in intentional ways, NOT to deal with stress, anxiety or discomfort. Feel better in the process, and let the weight come off naturally! Read more about the program here.