Do you think you need to have a crystal clear plan before you start making changes in your career? You don’t.
In this episode, Diogène Ntirandekura tells the story of how he ended up becoming a successful SAP consultant almost by accident, just from knowing that he wanted to have a career that involved two things: travel and sales.
We also talk about his immigrant experience as being the product of three countries, and why he chose to change some limiting beliefs he had around assertiveness and negotiation skills.
Click play to listen now in your browser. The Career Confidence For Immigrants podcast is also available on Spotify and Apple Podcasts.
What you will learn:
- Why a rough idea of what you want is better than no plan at all
- The first steps to take if you want to get started in the world of business-to-business consulting
- The 3 big key differences between employee and entrepreneur mindset in Diogène’s experience
- Why the concept of work/life balance is outdated and how to approach this question in a more useful way
- The two biggest mistakes that Diogène made as an employee that many immigrants will relate to