With all the time spent at home these days, it’s easy to fall into snacking too much, binging Netflix and drinking.
And honestly, my views on hedonistic pleasures of this kind have changed (I’m more inclusive of these, than let’s say a year ago when I was practising stoic discipline 😛 ) but the thing with these things is that they get old quick.
Like, at some point your system is like “nah, this isn’t what I need”.
So here’s a list of “natural” pleasures that I’m gonna spend more time focusing on, because I like the results they give me so far:
- Creation of content: when I do my videos I’m just flowing and speaking from my heart. I particularly enjoy filming in the morning as my brain is fresh and not bothered by any other requests or ideas that get to me throughout the day.
- Meditation facing the sun.
- Watching my dog sleep and match my breathing to his.
- Laying on my bed with my feet up high and just staring at the ceiling.
- Mindful masturbation: don’t use this one too often as I also have a partner, but it’s an amazing tool to re-connect with your energy naturally – big emphasis on connecting with your own body inwards, rather than trying to elicit “sexy” images in your brain (that’s just the equivalent of Netflix and snacks, can be fun, but it’s ultimately a quick hit).
- Journaling about my fears and my dreams, because they are both equally useful pieces of information.