Do you think you can be happy only if and when you free yourself from your anxiety? Although the idea of living anxiety-free sounds nice, it can feel impossible for those of us living with anxiety as a chronic condition.
This episode will help you embrace the idea of living a full life with anxiety (not despite of it) while also providing some tools on how to manage it.
Click play to listen now in your browser. The podcast is also available on Spotify and Apple Podcasts.
What you will learn:
- The difference between anxiety that is contextual, and anxiety that is chronic or disruptive
- Why I advise all my clients to work with a therapist before attempting to learn to coach themselves
- How my experience of being a first generation immigrant from Venezuela affected my anxiety experience
- The top 3 non-negotiable habits for those people experiencing too much anxiety on a regular basis.
- Why it’s okay to have a space for hobbies and for activities that put you in the flow without turning them into a business or a productive endeavour.
- My top 2 activities that are keeping me more connected to my body (and away from my catastrophic mind) during Covid and quarantine
- How to feel powerful and hopeful even when you have chronic anxiety such as a diagnosed generalized anxiety disorder
Mentioned in the show:
- The Emotion Sensation Feeling Wheel Handout by Lindsay Braman and her Instagram account.
- Episode 1 – Lessons From Quitting My Job and the story on how I decided to book my first therapy session ever.
- Episode 2 – The Antidote to Career Confusion for another example on how to describe feelings in detail.