Do you come from a communalist culture and find it hard to set boundaries? If this is you, you’re gonna love this conversation I had with Biodun Dapherede, the author and creator of the Immigreat Life blog.
Biodun shares her African + American immigrant lifestyle through her multidisciplinary content on Instagram, YouTube and her website.
In this episode we have a real talk about what it means to be an immigrant in 2021, and how to use our struggles as opportunities to up-level every aspect of our lives.
Click play to listen now in your browser. The Career Confidence For Immigrants podcast is also available on Spotify and Apple Podcasts.
We also cover:
- 1️⃣ How she came up with the idea of the Immigreat Life.
- 2️⃣ Her tips for aspiring content creators who are trapped in their heads thinking of what to share (she’s had four blogs before this one!)
- 3️⃣ How to not take your bagage from your previous country into the new one and why you want to be mindful of this
- 4️⃣ Her personal experience on learning how to set boundaries around unsolicited parenting advice
- Biodun’s Website.
- Biodun’s Instagram account.
- The Daphy Show YouTube channel