After a few months of taking things easy and going quiet, I’m happy to share a new podcast episode where I talk all about the three lessons from going quiet for a few months.
In this episode, I share my experiences with:
- When slowing down seems harder than quitting (and my hypothesis of why that is)
- What I learned from sitting with the shame of “not producing enough”.
- What to do if your “cognitive tools” (like journaling or repeating affirmations) aren’t working as well as they have in the past
- Why I have been feeling ambivalent towards the world of personal development in general
I also share two events that I’m participating on this week:
One is taking place on November 13, 2021 and it’s called the Immigreat Mindset Confrence, at 1pm EST time. I will be on a panel called “See Us, See Our Stories” with some guests, as well as Biodun from the Immigreat Life (she was a podcast guest earlier this year).
The other event is called the Living in Between Worlds: Conversations for Healing & Belonging. This is a panel type group with other women of colour that meets every two Thursdays at 1pm EST too. We have one meeting on November 11, 2021.
Click play to listen now in your browser. The Career Confidence For Immigrants podcast is also available on Spotify and Apple Podcasts.
YouTube Version (if you’re more visual)
- The Immigreat Mindset Conference – Registration
- Interview with Biodun (earlier in 2021): Living the Immigreat Life with Biodun Dapherede (Guest Episode)
- Facebook group: Living in Between Worlds: Conversations for Healing & Belonging
- Vanessa Leung’s Podcast Interview on Mindset, Money & Mastery (she’s the one who invited me to the Conversations for Healing panel group)
- Working (Slate Podcast). From which I somehow want to get inspired for future interviews
- My personal IG that is now mostly music and dancing: @iamsoniaortiz
- The IG account for the podcast: @careerconfidencepodcast