Do you get frustrated because everyone seems to have found their calling except for you? Wanting to find your life or career calling is completely normal, especially when we live in a society that expects us all to have a passion or vocation and also monetize it.
And while I do believe in doing meaningful work and I’m rather in favour of turning a passion into a business – if it’s what you want – from a mindset perspective, this question on life and career callings can get tricky.
Because you always want to evaluate whether a question you’re pondering on is serving you or not.
The question on how to find a calling may sound noble and important, but it may be keeping you stuck in paralysis – or in a cycle of overthinking.
In this episode, I break down the question “how do I find my calling” in the style of a mindset coach. We examine what hides behind that question and how to re-frame the question so you get a better answer for yourself.
Click play to listen now in your browser. The Career Confidence For Immigrants podcast is also available on Spotify and Apple Podcasts.
You will also learn:
- Why the quality of your questions is important
- Two ways to know whether a question is serving you or not
- What’s more useful than “finding” a calling
- What to do if you aren’t finding your calling and you feel stuck
Mentioned in the show:
- My instagram account
- Episode: How To Think About Thinking
- Episode: How To Process Emotions