Do you think your life will be better after you retire? Do you keep putting off dreams and goals for some imagined later date?
In episode 25, I have a radically honest conversation with Heiddi Zalamar: a coach, therapist and mom entrepreneur living in NYC with whom I’ve been online friends for years.
In this juicy episode she shares her experience as being daughter of Ecuadorian + Puerto Rican immigrants and why seeing her mom die with so many unfulfilled dreams inspired her to help others start living the life they want NOW instead of waiting for retirement or some imagined future that may never come.
Make sure you listen until the end (you’re always welcome to use 1.5x speed if that’s your thing 😂) -because in the last minutes she delivers a very empowering speech that culminates in me being coached HARD on something that’s been weighing on me for a while 😬
Click play to listen now in your browser. The Career Confidence For Immigrants podcast is also available on Spotify and Apple Podcasts.
We also cover:
- How to deal with the inner critic and where it comes from
- Why so many immigrants have a fear of standing out
- How to set a boundary with a family member and stick to it even if it is uncomfortable
- Why she believes in doing work that you LOVE – not just what you like
- Her take on “the immigrant paradox”